Teachers Pay Teachers Instagram Facebook Pinterest Image Map

March 29, 2018

Bye Bye Bunny - A Peep Experiment


This experiment is so fun and it goes perfectly with one of my favorite bunny stories. 

I created a FREEBIE to go along with the experiment.  



I always start off this experiment by reading the book; 
the Easter Bunny is Missing by Steve Metzger.






For the experiment, you will use four different liquids. You will put a peep in each liquid. 
You want to see which liquid dissolves the peep the best, fastest, slowestetc.



After we read the book we make a web to decide which liquids we are going to use. We list our liquids, and then we discuss how we think each liquid will work. After we discuss each liquid we circle the four we decide to use in our experiment.



Before we cover the peeps with the liquids I have the students complete number one in this FREEBIE. (observation form) They will be predicting which liquid will work the best.



Pour the liquids. WOW! The hot water started dissolving right away!



You can either have your class observe the peeps for the hour, day or even over a few days. 
For this experiment we just let our peeps set for about an hour.



Last, the students will complete the rest of their observation form.

Have fun!!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea for an experiment! It’s perfect for spring and I know kids would be super into it. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun experiment! I love that the students get to help decide which liquids to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO MUCH BETTER than microwaving peeps! I know my daughter is going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are becoming such good observers...a skill for all scientific endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this would be great for a variety of ages. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete